Welcome to Larry Andrews' website.

Greetings and welcome to my blog spot.

I've written two novels since my retirement in 2008. The first is a romance, Songs of Sadness, Songs of Love. The second is an action/mysteryThe China-Africa Parallax: A Ryan and Gillian Mystery.

Among the textbooks I have written areLinguistics for L2 Teachers, Mahwah, NJ, Lawrence Earlbaum Associates, 2001; and Language Exploration and Awareness: A Resource Book for Teachers, 3rd edition, Mahwah, NJ, Lawrence Earlbaum Associates, 2006. This textbook was translated into Korean by Pagijong Press, Seoul, South Korea. 2010.

I am presently writing my third Ryan and Gillian novel, The Nathan Culper Brotherhood. You can follow my progress on novel #3 here at this blog site.

To order any of my titles please go either to nook.com or amazon.com (Kindle users can go to the Kindle Store.).

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sofia Vergara likes poetry. How about you?


Most of my writing (at least 90%) during the past 3 years has been narrative prose. Recently, I've also been fussing with another genre, poetry. Here are three WIPs (Works in Progress). I'll appreciate any reactions, thoughts, criticisms, and suggestions.



#1.          Grandfather

Grandfather requires winding
In order for his innards
To keep time and chime
On beat.

Should Grandfather stop
Because someone forgot
To key him up, that's not
Fatal actually.

When the desired time
Coincides with where his
Hands stopped, rewind and restart the pendulum.
He lives again.





#2.      Snowflakes

All have a nose,
Two ears and two eyes.
A mouth and chin complete
The face. With these
Dittos, how can
Each one not be alike?





#3.              Immanuel

They summon their Immanuel:
Oprah, Oprah, the Barbies exult.
Crickets wait for Judge Judy,
Then have paroxysms of joy
When Bird and Judge emerge.
Tyra, Tyra, the Thumbelinas chant.
Each time the floor director gives
The cue, the Tiffanys enter a
Different world, riding My
Little Pony to a place where
Life begins with a pulled string
And a memory chip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment