Welcome to Larry Andrews' website.

Greetings and welcome to my blog spot.

I've written two novels since my retirement in 2008. The first is a romance, Songs of Sadness, Songs of Love. The second is an action/mysteryThe China-Africa Parallax: A Ryan and Gillian Mystery.

Among the textbooks I have written areLinguistics for L2 Teachers, Mahwah, NJ, Lawrence Earlbaum Associates, 2001; and Language Exploration and Awareness: A Resource Book for Teachers, 3rd edition, Mahwah, NJ, Lawrence Earlbaum Associates, 2006. This textbook was translated into Korean by Pagijong Press, Seoul, South Korea. 2010.

I am presently writing my third Ryan and Gillian novel, The Nathan Culper Brotherhood. You can follow my progress on novel #3 here at this blog site.

To order any of my titles please go either to nook.com or amazon.com (Kindle users can go to the Kindle Store.).

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Like an Alternator

      Like an alternator

Like an alternator in a car
A pace-maker was installed
Under my left clavicle. So far
A-fib, as it’s informally called,

Has been regulated, but rehab
Is in order so I’m in this nice
Facility where I, like Ahab,
Pace the place and walk twice

Around the one-twentieth of a mile
Track every day, lift leg-weights,
And make earnest attempts to smile
Hoping the young therapists’ estimates

Of my physical tune-up will help them
To decide at my staffing that I’m well
Enough to go home in the next AM,
Only the PT distributors and time will tell.




No comments:

Post a Comment