Welcome to Larry Andrews' website.

Greetings and welcome to my blog spot.

I've written two novels since my retirement in 2008. The first is a romance, Songs of Sadness, Songs of Love. The second is an action/mysteryThe China-Africa Parallax: A Ryan and Gillian Mystery.

Among the textbooks I have written areLinguistics for L2 Teachers, Mahwah, NJ, Lawrence Earlbaum Associates, 2001; and Language Exploration and Awareness: A Resource Book for Teachers, 3rd edition, Mahwah, NJ, Lawrence Earlbaum Associates, 2006. This textbook was translated into Korean by Pagijong Press, Seoul, South Korea. 2010.

I am presently writing my third Ryan and Gillian novel, The Nathan Culper Brotherhood. You can follow my progress on novel #3 here at this blog site.

To order any of my titles please go either to nook.com or amazon.com (Kindle users can go to the Kindle Store.).

Monday, March 25, 2013

How and Why I Write


·      What are you working on now?
 I finished The China-Africa Parallax: A Ryan and Gillian Mystery.  This is a novel about the theft of intellectual property from universities. There's no firewall long enough or high enough to prevent theft or tampering with data posted on a public site. Data security on US government computers and university campuses is a major issue today. This novel is timely, I believe, since the US has claimed China has been hacking government computers. No, I had no prior knowledge about cyber warfare. It just seemed like a potential international issue.

Now I‘m writing The Nathan Culper Brotherhood. The Brotherhood is a fictitious society with a singular mission: cleanse school faculties, public schools and universities, of teachers and professors who aren’t true Americans, which is White.  It’s a frightening circumstance but not too far-fetched. “Patriotic” hate groups have been growing in number at an alarming rate, according to research completed by the Southern Poverty Law Center in Birmingham, AL. I've also been writing more poems in the last year. I 've enjoyed it because I  like to play words to see whether I   can frame with words the ideas I'm trying to explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment