Welcome to Larry Andrews' website.

Greetings and welcome to my blog spot.

I've written two novels since my retirement in 2008. The first is a romance, Songs of Sadness, Songs of Love. The second is an action/mysteryThe China-Africa Parallax: A Ryan and Gillian Mystery.

Among the textbooks I have written areLinguistics for L2 Teachers, Mahwah, NJ, Lawrence Earlbaum Associates, 2001; and Language Exploration and Awareness: A Resource Book for Teachers, 3rd edition, Mahwah, NJ, Lawrence Earlbaum Associates, 2006. This textbook was translated into Korean by Pagijong Press, Seoul, South Korea. 2010.

I am presently writing my third Ryan and Gillian novel, The Nathan Culper Brotherhood. You can follow my progress on novel #3 here at this blog site.

To order any of my titles please go either to nook.com or amazon.com (Kindle users can go to the Kindle Store.).

Thursday, December 2, 2010

FOOD AND DRINK FOR THOUGHT


The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks that the British or Americans.

The French eat a lot of fat and drink a lot of wine, both whites and reds, and also suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

The Chinese drink hardly any red wine and have fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

The Italians drink excessive amounts of red wines and also have fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.
 
Germans drink huge amounts of beer and eat lots of sausages with high fat counts, yet have fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English will kill you.

I found this in one of my language notebooks. For the life of me I  can't attribute it to the original author because I  simply can't remember who said it first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment