Welcome to Larry Andrews' website.

Greetings and welcome to my blog spot.

I've written two novels since my retirement in 2008. The first is a romance, Songs of Sadness, Songs of Love. The second is an action/mysteryThe China-Africa Parallax: A Ryan and Gillian Mystery.

Among the textbooks I have written areLinguistics for L2 Teachers, Mahwah, NJ, Lawrence Earlbaum Associates, 2001; and Language Exploration and Awareness: A Resource Book for Teachers, 3rd edition, Mahwah, NJ, Lawrence Earlbaum Associates, 2006. This textbook was translated into Korean by Pagijong Press, Seoul, South Korea. 2010.

I am presently writing my third Ryan and Gillian novel, The Nathan Culper Brotherhood. You can follow my progress on novel #3 here at this blog site.

To order any of my titles please go either to nook.com or amazon.com (Kindle users can go to the Kindle Store.).

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Why is language so illogical?




How come we never hear about gruntled employees?
On the other hand, what is the speed of dark?
What is a free gift?
Where do forest rangers go to get away from it all?
Why do builders avoid having a 13th floor, but publishers don’t fear chapter 11?
How are self-help groups possible?
Why is there an interstate highway in Hawaii?
Why isn’t phonics spelled the way it sounds?
What happened to Preparations “A” through “G?”
What happened to the first “6” Ups?
How much deeper would some oceans be if sponges didn’t live there?
If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?
Can a TV program really have a guest host?

No comments:

Post a Comment